... that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. Romans 1:12

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Inferences

I wasn't exactly sure what an inference was so I looked that up! Inference: the act of passing from one proposition, statement, or judgment considered as true to another whose truth is believed to follow from that of the former

Having little affections equals having little religion... this concept keeps coming to the forefront of Edwards writings. This has came to mind often.... just thinking that what I spend my time doing and thinking on rules my affections. Instead of sitting on my behind watching movies I should be seeking to deepen my affections through study, prayer, and praise. These inferences ring true in my life... I do not want to be like a dog returning to his vomit as Edwards writes.

Since God has done this... "God disposed things in the affair of our redemption, and in His glorious dispensations, revealed to us in the gospel, as though every thing were purposely contrived in such a menner as to have the greatest possible tendency to reach our hearts in the most tender part, and move our affections most sensibly and strongly!" ... Then I should love my life with much affection!

Pray for me as I feel I have a long way to go!

No comments: