... that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. Romans 1:12

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Unwavering

Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb; yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

Romans 4: 19-21


This to me is profound! I have read this passage many times but lastnight this jumped off the page! Abraham did not waver in unbelief in regard to God's promise! He was fully assured that God would fulfill his promise! God is faithful in so many ways it is amazing!

I think something we fail to remember as Christians is God's promises to us. They are plentiful! If you come across a promise of God to His people while you are reading and studying lets share it with one another and encourage one another. One I often remind myself of is that we are to cast our cares on God. I know this but do I do it? NO! May I learn to live in a life of freedom by living in God's promises rather than bondage by my own ways!

Not only was Abraham steadfast... he gave the glory to God!
Let us be more the Abraham!

No comments: