... that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. Romans 1:12

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Here I am, I finally made it

I have read up on your blogging of late and I am very excited and challenged by your honesty, so as we blog I will try to be as transparent. I have been reading through the book of Isaiah lately. I am often convicted about how little of the bible I have actually read (especially the old testament). The last verse of Chapter two says "Stop regarding man, in whose nostrils are breath, for of what account is he?"

Far too often I am concerned about what man will think of me if I speak the truth of who Christ is and what I believe about Him. But why should I care? Who is man anyway and what importance does he have in my life compared to that of Christ in my life. When I was in sunday school last week Steve Varner said that we often don't speak because we don't believe that Christ will be victorious. What do you girls think?

I am praying for you both and am very excited about this blog.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Welcome Telitha!

Thanks for joining us! I too am excited about this blogging experience!

We often do not speak of Christ you are right. The thing is He has radically changed us! We often speak about things most important to us... but why do we fail to open our mouths about Gods goodness and grace in our lives.

May we all be more conscious of what we speak about and seek to honor and give God glory in our speech!

Kara said...

also, I think often we don't trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. The Bible tells us that God's word will not returned void and we know that God is calling people to himself so that should take the pressure off of us and we should realize all we are called to do is speak about God and what He has done.

I think it is a faith issue... Oh Lord increase my faith and help my unbelief.

Thanks for reminding me what is important!

mrsmontz said...

Welcome friend... this thought takes me back to South Padre on my mission trip... too many times I was afraid to speak of Christ and what He means. I too, still find this a struggle, I tend to think that as long as my speech is clean and my actions show that I am a Christian I don't need to say anything else... so thanks for the thoughts and the challenge... :)