... that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. Romans 1:12

Sunday, September 16, 2007

1 Thess Chap 2

Okay, so I have to admit... I was not consistent in reading this week, and although it shouldn't be an excuse... we started a New Testament reading program at church.... the entire New Testament from Sept 1 - Dec 31.... and after I read that I'm usually spent on reading... so pray that I will have the strength to read more, or that I would take time to read it at another time during the day.....

So here is what I did find intriguing...

middle of Vs. 2.... But with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in spite of strong opposition. This amazes me because they were not afraid of a little opposition.

When I was reading this it took me back to Padre. Paul shared with a gentel and thoughtful heart, he did not force the gospel on anyone, but he knew that he had to work hard and tell the truth of the gospel. It made me think about the other group of "christians" that were they saying everyone was condemmed to Hell because of what they were doing, they weren't sharing with compassion and love which is what Paul did. Paul knew that sharing the gospel was not for men, but for the Glory of God.

That's what I've got.... hopefully it will be better for Chap 3....

No comments: