... that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. Romans 1:12

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

1 Thess

The First thing that stand out to me is in v 3 when paul speaks of the churches "steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ"

Last week in my bible study we talked about Hebrews 10 and in verse 23 says Let us hold fast the confessoin of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

They are the same concept, faithfulness, which has been an important concept to me for the past year. First of all I have to think, what does "hope in our Lord Jesus Christ" mean? I think it means the hope that he will complete the work he has begun and that I will get to stand before Him blameless and without accusation. That is really powerful, but I don't often consider the implication of that statement.

Second I notice that in Hebrews 10 we are steadfast and unwavering not because we try really hard, but because God is faithful. Now if I consider that God has been faithful to his promises from the beginning of time, he is today, and He will be forever and nothing will ever cause Him to not be, it gives me cause to be unwavering in my hope that He will do what He says.

That was far more indepth than I intended, and for the sake of not writing a novel I am going to stop with that. I love you girls a lot.

No comments: